Thursday, October 27, 2016

Mahini Mele Organic Farm - Kona Rose Coffee - Captain Hook, Hawaii - konarosecoffee.com


I would like to thank Kona Rose Coffee for providing me with the first full-sized bag of kona coffee I’ve had in my life. For some reason, due to the size of the bag I received, I couldn’t get a solid read on what their coffee was all about. Don’t get me wrong. It tasted great and enjoyed every minute I spent consuming it; however, I had a hard time getting enough of it. By the time I spent tasting this coffee was over, I struggled with coming up with the right words to describe it.
           
I guess the confusion I’m feeling currently has a lot to do with the proximity of Kona Rose Coffee and the start of my testing process. That’s also why it took me longer to write this review than the other ones about kona coffee. I wanted to come up with the right words to describe the output from this company. I approach every company the same way. I would rather take longer to write a review than release something I’m not proud of or would disrespect the company in any way.

I wish I had more glowing praise for the coffee. The lukewarm nature of my prose should not be seen as condemnation for their product. On the contrary, I thought the coffee was exceptional in every sense of the word. It simply didn’t elicit the reaction needed to produce mountains of text. I would recommend their coffee to anyone who’s in the market for kona. I’ve found that their products are available for less than their competitors in this genre.

I would happily welcome re-reviewing this product if I were given access to larger amounts of it. Recently, I decided that I would stop going for product samplers when I request products. Full-sized products are more worthwhile because they allow for additional tastings in the event that inspiration is somehow lacking. I do not fault any company who wants to provide me with a sample size of their product. I just feel like the reviews of companies who sent me smaller products are much less convincing than those of companies who sent me exactly what their customers receive.

I firmly believe it’s possible for a type of coffee to be great and not inspire the same feelings as coffees from other companies. This doesn’t mean that the coffee in question is somehow less than. Measuring the value of a cup of coffee is challenging because it’s all subjective. One person might like a certain type of coffee that everyone else hates. That’s okay. Finding the right coffee for you, whether it’s Kona Rose Coffee or something from some other company, is all a part of the journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment