Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Cythiana Farm (Absolute Palate) - Holualoa, Hawaii - absolutelykona.com

The current version of The Coffee Encyclopedia started partly because I wanted to try every type of kona coffee available. I wasn’t impressed with the results; however, I did receive word from some companies and their contributions were impressive. One of these offerings came from Absolute Palate, which provides coffee under the Cynthiana Farm and Hanalo Farm umbrellas. I was able to try their Cynthiana Farm coffee. I would love to sample their other brand. Whether or not that happens, I will leave it up to them.

As someone who loves the darkest of the dark roasts, I was weary when I opened the bag and saw that the grounds were light in color. My doubts were quickly dispelled when my nose caught wind of the wonderful aroma coming my direction. I couldn’t make my first pot fast enough. One pot turned to two and two pots turned to three. Before I knew it, this coffee became a regular part of my repertoire until I ran out of the grounds I received.

When it comes to coffee, it’s hard to imagine getting much better than 100% kona. Delving into this world creates a wide range of challenges because it’s difficult to come up with one definitive measure for good coffee. One person’s good coffee is another person’s swill from which they can't get away fast enough. Objectively, I believe that a wide range of coffee drinkers would agree that kona is a solid variety of coffee.

If you’re interested in kona, you should accept no imitators. So many companies try to come out with kona blends and pass them off as the real thing. Granted, since there’s less kona in the blends, people are able to get them for less while still getting some kona. At the same time, the difference in taste between these products is like night and day. You can call it kona all you want, but unless it’s 100% pure, you are missing out on the real deal.

If you’re interested in ordering 100% kona coffee from Absolute Palate, you can do so over at their website absolutelykona.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment