Friday, October 23, 2015

Roast Magazine - I Want to Write for You

Naturally, as a person who writes about coffee, I want to have the opportunity to write from one of the coffee centric publications. I have followed Roast Magazine for some time and I’ve even proposed particular articles to them. None of these discussions went anywhere; therefore, here I am trying to revive them.

Any time I have to prove myself to an entity for which I want to write I am at a loss for words. I never know what they want and it seems like most things I could say are off base. For this discussion, I want Roast Magazine to set the tempo.

Normally, a magazine requires prospective writers to suggest topics. I don’t like to do that because it creates the impression that I can only write about that one thing. Whatever happened to editors saying “Here, write about this” and then the writer actually writes about it?

I love writing and I feel like I can write about anything. Coffee, in particular, seems to be the topic that gives me the least amount of difficulties. I want Roast Magazine to be able to see this fact and send me my first assignment.

I plan to write about my desire to write for Roast Magazine until it’s something that turns into a reality. I don’t think anyone should give up on something that they want. Plus, I want Roast Magazine to know I mean business.

I will never buy into the way content creators think nowadays. Many of them believe that they can do things themselves, but I think this is a very self-serving approach. I like collaborating with others.

I look forward to the day when I will be able to see my name staring back from the pages of Roast Magazine. The presence of my name on the printed page makes no difference to me. It would merely signify that I was able to add something to such a quality publication.

If anyone from Roast Magazine would like to get in touch with me, they can do so by emailing me at allenglines@gmail.com. I anticipate starting a conversation with them.

2 comments:

  1. CarneyAviation offer best car hire and rental agent services in Ahmedabad for monthly basis. we also provide booking car cab operator services for tata indica, tata indigo ,traveller services with affordable price rate at Ahmedabad , Gujarat, India.

    http://carneyaviation.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards, Dark roast coffee

    ReplyDelete