Sunday, October 18, 2015

Black Rifle Coffee Company: Why Can't We Be Friends?

Sometimes something hits me right between the eyes and makes me wonder where I've been. That's definitely the case with Black Rifle Coffee Company, a Utah coffee company with an enormous following on Facebook. I'll be the first to say I don't know anything about them. I, for one, would like that to change.

I love Black Rifle Coffee Company's concept. It's dark and militaristic. All of these messages make me think of strong coffee.

Utah coffee companies have a history of ignoring me, which is strange since Utah is my state. I have never reached out to Black Rifle Coffee Company. I hope they're an exception to the rule.

Black Rifle Coffee Company's Facebook following is larger than most independent coffee companies I've come across. It's rare for little coffee companies to garner any sort of following. When one does, we all should pay attention.

I want to get to know every aspect of Black Rifle Coffee Company. The more I learn, the better my coverage of them will be. While this post makes regular mentions of Black Rifle Coffee Company, it provides little in terms of actual information.

The reason why I'm writing these fact finding posts is to present my case for why I want to learn more about these companies in the most complete terms possible.

A simple email here or there isn't going to do the trick. Requests such as these need to have more substance.

I have an unwavering belief in my material. I know that any partnership I form with any company would be positive for everyone involved. I would not do what I do if I didn't believe in both of those things.

That being said, the success of a writer depends on the cooperation of their subjects. An uninformed writer should lose their opportunity to have an audience. I'm not an uninformed writer.

I could never consider this blog complete until I covered Black Rifle Coffee Company. I look forward to getting to talk with them soon. I want to be able to make them a regular fixture on this blog.

If you work with Black Rifle Coffee Company, get in touch with me at allenglines@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment