Thursday, October 1, 2015

Restarting the Coffee Encyclopedia

I have mentioned how much I enjoy writing about coffee many times and I will continue to say it. As I have gone from one project to the next, I drift in and out of covering this topic. This doesn’t mean I enjoy writing about it any less. I prefer not to limit myself to a particular topic at any given time. When I’m inspired to write about something, I write about it regardless of the topic.

I started The Coffee Encyclopedia a while ago with the intention of developing a comprehensive resource about coffee. I worked on it and covered all sorts of bases, but I didn’t get the feeling like it was something worth continuing. I took some time off from writing about coffee. I still kept an eye on the companies I frequented. Based on what I saw, I felt like it was a great time to come back.

Don’t think I have any illusions about the superiority of this blog over other blogs that talk about the same thing. I read a lot of these blogs and I enjoy what I’m seeing. If you want to read their blogs before you give my blog a chance, I encourage it. I will never say a single bad thing about another person who’s trying to talk about something that interests them. A well-written article is a well-written article regardless of who’s writing it.

During this period of The Coffee Encyclopedia, I want to cover many of the things I covered before. I would love to revisit the companies I’ve covered to see what they’re up to these days. The way that coffee companies conduct themselves is fascinating. They’re constantly working to make themselves unique, whether it’s in the coffees they create or the image they’re trying to convey to the public. I enjoy talking to people who are passionate about what they’re doing.

I will continue to come up with all the topics for this blog. If you have anything that you would like to see me cover, don’t hesitate to email me at allenglines@gmail.com. I want to hear from people who are as interested in talking about coffee as me. I know how annoying it is to hear from one guy and nobody else. I am interested in opening the door to guest contributors.

No comments:

Post a Comment