Sunday, October 18, 2015

Blue Bottle Coffee: Maybe One Day I'll Break Through

Blue Bottle Coffee is like the cool kid in school. You want to be around them, but they don't want anything to do with you. 2015 marks the third year in which I have been trying to get in touch with Blue Bottle Coffee with no success.

I have an intense amount of respect for Blue Bottle Coffee and what they’re trying to accomplish. Their array of coffee shops and types of coffee they offer is impressive. I’m jealous of the Bay Area, New York, Los Angeles, and Tokyo because they all have Blue Bottle Coffee shops and my state doesn’t.

I’m perplexed that I have heard nothing from Blue Bottle Coffee. I understand that they’re a huge company that has bigger fish to fry. The fact that I didn’t hear a word from even a representative is confusing.

Other coffee companies have representatives waiting to email anyone who sends any concern their way. Blue Bottle Coffee is not one of them. It would make more sense if I heard from someone who said that I’m small potatoes and I need to become more visible to play.

It’s plain to see that Blue Bottle Coffee is one of the best coffee companies in the country. They have to be to garner the international following they have thus far. All I’m asking is for a seat at the table and the opportunity to have a conversation.

I would love it if I had the opportunity to make Blue Bottle Coffee a regular part of this blog. I am looking for a number of companies I can profile often. I like the idea of covering a company from all angles rather than posting one profile and leaving it at that.

This is not the last you're going to hear from me about Blue Bottle Coffee. I plan to write a number of posts in the near future in the hopes that someone who works there will eventually respond. Perhaps we can strike up some sort of partnership that will last into the future.


Who knows. What I do know is that if you work at Blue Bottle Coffee, you can get in touch with me at allenglines@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment