Saturday, August 10, 2013

Hello and Welcome

Who doesn't love a nice cup of coffee? I know I do. The best thing about the country that we live in is that you don't have to settle for the coffee brands that you see at the grocery store. While many of those brands produce an excellent cup of java, you should look a little bit deeper if you want something that's truly excellent. The common misconception is that Starbucks is where coffee begins and ends.

Starbucks, the mega coffee giant, churns out excellent coffee products around the nation. Unfortunately, their presence in retail spaces and the grocery store has the tendency to undermine the value of independent coffee houses. You might be reading that statement and think that I'm a bit of a hipster and I only like things that aren't associated with corporate entities. On the contrary, I've down many cups of Starbucks coffee with glee and I plan to do so in the future.

My favorite part of the world of coffee is the amount of competition that's present in that market. You aren't forced to drink Folger's every day. You could venture out of the grocery store and go to another store that carries several different brands you might have never heard of. A lot of independent coffee houses also roast on the side, which is a definite bonus for anyone who loves coffee. I'm someone who wants to venture off the beaten path and see what's out there to try.

The goal of this blog, which is affiliated with One Man Dines Local (Click Here), a destination devoted to my experience dining at establishments in and around Utah. That blog has an established audience of 50,000 viewers anytime I post something on there. It might not look like anything now. Prior to my recent reboot of it, I had written hundreds of posts based on nothing more than the word of others and information I could find online. I found that approach to be a little artificial, so I scrapped all of the posts and went back to the beginning. The audience from that blog will carry over to this one, creating the opportunity for an ample amount of exposure for anyone who's represented here.

I want everything coffee to be represented in this blog. I will go over concepts, review various flavors of coffee, and even take a look at the various coffee makers on the market today. If it has anything to do with coffee, I want to look into it. The end goal will be a thorough informational resource that coffee lovers can refer to whenever they are curious about something. Luckily, the world of coffee is changing every day and I don't think that I will run out of material anytime soon.

In the meantime, I'm looking for any sort of donations and sponsor to help me progress through this epic journey. These can take the form of money or coffee-related products (beans, grounds, makers, etc.). I don't want to place any limitations on this area because that would hold the journey back. If you're interested in supporting this effort, send me an email at allenglines@gmail.com or call me at 801-941-2092.

No comments:

Post a Comment