Friday, August 16, 2013

Caffe D'arte - Alderwood Roasted Coffee Blends - Fabriano and Velletri





















Fabriano

When I heard about such a thing as wood roasted coffee, I was fascinated with the idea, but I was consumed with the worry that it was nothing more than marketing fluff. That all changed when I poured my first cup of coffee using this blend. With each sip, you can taste the wood that was used to roast it.

Caffe D'arte is one of the premier coffee shops in Seattle, Washington, a place that's often regarded as the coffee capital of the United States. Their line of wood roasted coffees is unique when compared to their other blends. You will soon know what you're dealing with the moment that you smell what's coming out of the bag.

Normally, coffee tastes nothing like it smells. This coffee is different from those blends. As your coffee begins to brew, you will find that it smells exactly like what greeted you when you first opened the bag. You have to be careful. If the other people in your house smell what's coming out of the kitchen, they will want to drink all your coffee.






















Velletri

I wasn't sure what to expect when I tried this blend. After all, it came with the Fabriano kind. Their descriptions are very similar. When it comes to the actual taste of the product, they couldn't be anymore different. You can tell that they are kind of alike. This blend is unique enough to stand on its own two feet.

I have come to the conclusion that Caffe D'arte needs to make air fresheners with this scent. It's perhaps the best smelling coffee I've ever smelled in any form. In the world of food, we have a tendency to taste with our eyes before we ever do so with our mouths. This coffee from Caffe D'arte has an advantage in that respect.

I changed it up a bit when it came time to test this blend. I added some cream and then cream and sugar to see the differences in taste. The addition of cream and sugar seems to enhance this blend more than most I have tasted. I also tried it with nothing added whatsoever. All of the variations were stellar variations in and of themselves.

Summary

I'm glad that the excitement that I felt before I received this blend wasn't misplaced. It has quickly become one of my favorite coffee blends. I keep pouring cup after cup only to be dismayed to find that my cup kept coming up empty. Whenever I want something that's full of flavor, I reach for this coffee.

Luckily, for the sake of the public, these are not the only two blends that Caffe D'arte makes. You have the option to pick from their expresso, drip coffee, and organic fair trade blends. I haven't tried any of these varieties yet, but I hope to do so in the future.

In the meantime, you need to get your hands on anything and everything from Caffe D'arte. The products that they send around the country make you feel like you're sitting in their shops in Portland or Seattle. It's hard to replicate the experience that you get when sitting in a coffee shop, but they come close.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe someone should try roasting coffee over a peat fire, giving it a scotch like quality. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to add a shot of scotch to my coffee instead.

    ReplyDelete