Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Daily Rise Espresso - Ogden Bound

The Layton and Ogden locations for The Daily Rise Expresso have been the subject of several of my reviews thus far (read about it HERE, HERE, and HERE). This review is another account of my visit to their Ogden location, except this one is told from an entirely different perspective. A business that's so dedicated to not only producing quality coffee beverages, but also treating their customers with utmost level of respect is deserving of as much attention.

Their Ogden location excels alongside their Layton destination. You have the option to walk right up to their window and make an order with one of their friendly baristas. I was encouraged by the fact that it seemed like their representatives recognized me from my various trips to their Layton location. Even if they were not familiar with me, they acted as if I was one of the family. The small talk that we shared was not forced like what I experienced when I want to other shops.

As a coffee drinker, I'm a huge fan of drinks that strike a precise balance between flavor and the strength of the coffee. Many times I have found that it's difficult for mocha or latte flavors to rise above the flavor of the coffee without turning the drink into something that tastes too much like either aspect. The Daily Rise strikes the perfect balance between flavor and potency. You are sure to find a drink on their menu that will become your next favorite.

Between the two locations, the race is pretty much a draw. The Layton location does have the roastery behind it, which produces some excellent odors when you drive up to order your drink and someone is in there doing what they do best. The Ogden location has a walk up window with a cluster of picnic tables around it. They have the drive up window as well for anyone who might be in a hurry. I would choose this spot as a place to bring some food and enjoy coffee among friends, both in the form of the people you bring as well as the people you bring there.


No comments:

Post a Comment