Friday, March 25, 2016

Neptune Coffee: A Letter of Support

I'm heard recently that several businesses in Seattle were destroyed in a tragic explosion. The main business I would like to focus on is Neptune Coffee. Their business was completely destroyed. It's not like they were a shop that had issues attracting a crowd. They were a popular destination and an asset to their community.

I am not good with fundraising. I've tried it a number of times in a number of ways, but I've never raised a cent. Fundraisers are currently ongoing for the businesses that were impacted by this tragedy. These fundraisers seem to focus on the employees of these businesses, which is great; however, I'm not sure what's being done to get Neptune Coffee up and running again.

In instances where a coffee shop can no longer do business due to circumstances out of their control, I think coffee companies nationwide should unite to help them out. Perhaps that has happened already. I don't live in Seattle, nor do I know the people who run Neptune Coffee. I would like to so I can approach this from a more informed perspective.

Coffee is more than just a drink to me. I admire the people who put their heart and soul into making coffee for people. It takes a truly passionate group of individuals to get a coffee business off the ground. Neptune Coffee is full of passion and it's a shame they can't do what they do best. We have the opportunity to change all that.

Now, I understand why some people might have a hard time caring about one coffee shop when there are so many out there. What we need to do is imagine our favorite coffee shop. Once we have that picture in our minds, we should then imagine that shop being blown off the map. It would make us feel like a loved one died. That's what Neptune Coffee's fans are feeling right now.

Neptune Coffee, if you're reading this, I'm in your corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment